A veneer is a thin piece of porcelain which can alter the colour, shape and overall appearance of the tooth in question. Often applied to numerous teeth, veneers can give your smile a whole new shape and leave you feeling more confident.
Made from porcelain, each veneer is very thin and is only used to cover the surface of the tooth. Veneers are generally fixed to the front of your teeth to improve their appearance.
Usually completed over two or three appointments, veneers are a fantastic solution to stained, broken, or chipped teeth. Whilst veneers won’t reposition your teeth, they can be used to mask minor alignment issues and to give your teeth and smile a healthier appearance.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Last for up to 10 years
- Natural finish
- Improve the appearance of teeth
- Veneers ideally require minimal to ‘no’ preparation of the teeth prior to treatment
- It is important however to keep the preparation of the tooth within enamel where possible, as porcelain veneers are applied (bonded) onto the tooth and require enamel for maximum bond strength
- Our dentist will works closely with both you, the patient, and the laboratory in order to establish an appropriate look for the teeth before any tooth structure is removed
- Once we are all happy with the proposed design, we will then prepare the teeth with plenty of anesthesia and cooling water to ensure the integrity and health of the tooth remains intact
- Dental impressions or scans are then taken and sent to the laboratory for the pre-designed veneers to be made
- Prior to treatment, you will be provided with temporary veneers, which resemble your future veneers in terms of both shape and contour
- Once the laboratory has curated your veneers, you will return for a follow up appointment where under anesthesia, the porcelain veneers will be bonded into place
- Once treatment is complete you are free to go, equipped with your brand new smile!
- BDS, PGCert (Dist) GDC License no. 210369Aesthetic & General Dentist
An accomplished British dentist, Dr Neha Rathod graduated from The University of Birmingham in 2011. Upon completion of her training Dr Rathod initially spent time in the hospital environment, completing an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery placement at Northwick Park Hospital,...
- BDSAesthetic & General Dentist
Dr. Safiah Yousef is a British dentist qualified in the UAE. She graduated from the University of Sharjah in 2017 and trained in the University Dental Hospital Sharjah. She has experience in restorative, endodontic and surgical treatments for patients of...