Are your teeth crowded, crooked or misaligned? Do you want to straighten your teeth without noticeable braces? If so, Invisalign might be the right choice for you.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the leading choice for clear,transparent braces and is the preferred alternative to fixed braces for the majority of patients.
Invisalign uses a set of clear aligners which gradually straighten your teeth without the need for fixed brackets or wires. The patented SmartTrack aligners offer you a more comfortable and virtually invisible alternative to conventional braces.
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are removable so you can take them out to eat and drink. Your dentist will tell you how often to wear your aligners and how long they should be worn for but you’ll have the luxury of knowing you can remove the aligners when you need to.
Unlike standard fixed braces, the Invisalign aligners don’t use any metal fixtures or uncomfortable bands so discomfort is minimised.
Book an appointment
Advantages of Invisalign:
- Virtually invisible when worn
- Allows you to straighten your smile discreetly
- More comfortable than conventional braces
- Can be used to remedy a wide range of dental issues
- Top choice for adult braces
- Suitable for patients of almost any age
How does the Invisalign treatment work?
At your initial consultation, your dentist will assess your current condition, discuss your goals and take photos and/or X-rays to confirm that Invisalign is right for you.
These images, along with dental moulds are used to create a 3D video of how your smile will transform throughout your Invisalign journey. This video (also known as a ClinCheck) allows your dentist to accurately plan your treatment and can be tweaked and modified until you are happy. Once satisfied, your customised aligners will be created by Invisalign in their laboratory.
You will need to wear your aligners for a week before changing to the next one in the series. Each aligner works to gently guide your teeth into the desired position, giving you the beautifully straight smile you’ve been looking for.
What can Invisalign treat?
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- General straightening
- Crossbites (where the upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth on one or both sides)
- Overbites (where the upper teeth bite too far over the lower teeth)
- Underbite (where the lower teeth bite too far in front of the upper teeth)
- Open bite (where the front teeth don’t bite together even when the back teeth are closed)
- BDS, PGCert (Dist) GDC License no. 210369Aesthetic & General Dentist
An accomplished British dentist, Dr Neha Rathod graduated from The University of Birmingham in 2011. Upon completion of her training Dr Rathod initially spent time in the hospital environment, completing an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery placement at Northwick Park Hospital,...