Our DNA and genes have a major impact on how our mind and body work. By discovering your genetic traits, you can find solutions and live a life that’s optimised based on your genetic code.
By undergoing DNA testing, you can:
- Identify your susceptibility to certain medical condition
- Find the right medical treatments
- Improve your efforts to gain or lose weight
- Find an exercise regime which is right for your body type
- Take more effective action when it comes to health & lifestyle management
Types of DNA tests we offer
One of the first tests of it’s kind, the DNA Diet genetic test will enable your doctor to provide a personalised diet alongside lifestyle recommendations. The test, which looks at over 30 different genes, is perfect for people who are constantly trying to lose weight and not seeing results. Following the test, both doctors and patients have noted much better weight loss compliance.
DNA Diet reports on:
- Variations linked to obesity and weight
- Your ability to lose or gain weight easily
- Your body’s responsiveness to exercise
- Mobilisation of fat cells
- Ability to metabolise fats for energy
- Absorption rate of dietary fat
DNA Health tests for genetic variations which may have a significant impact on your health. This unique test can also identify your susceptibility to chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer. Unlike other genetic tests, all DNA life tests are presented in an easy to read, consumer friendly report allowing you to accurately take action on your results.
DNA Health reports on:
- Cholesterol metabolism & responsiveness to diet vs statins
- Bone health
- Oxidative stress
- Susceptibility to diabetes
- Food responsiveness and sensitivities
DNA Oestrogen tests for gene variants that may impact oestrogen metabolism, therefore helping individuals lessen the risk of developing breast cancer.
DNA Oestrogen reports on:
- Oxidative stress
- Personal risk factors associated with HRT, oral contraceptives and in vitro fertilisation
- Intervention strategies for at risk patients
Whether you’re a casual or elite athlete, the DNA Sport genetic test can help you identify which workout or training regime is right for you. Results from the test provide an in depth insight into numerous factors including: training responsiveness, sporting performance and injury and recovery strategies.
DNA Sport reports on:
- Endurance & aerobics capacity
- Muscle fibre type & bone composition
- Energy & fuel during exercise
- Blood flow: blood pressure & oxygenation
mygeneRx is a comprehensive pharmacogenomics test which analyses genetic variants associated with responsiveness to certain medications.
Prescribing medications according to your individual genetic profile will help to improve the result of medication and enhance the final outcome.
mygeneRx is right for those who are:
- Experiencing side effects from specific medications
- Requiring doses outside of the recommended range
- Planning to start new medication
- Not responding to specific medications