Do you have cracked or damaged teeth? Could a crown improve the appearance of your smile?
Sometimes referred to as a cap, a dental crown fits over an existing tooth to increase the strength and improve the function and appearance of the tooth. It can be used as both a restorative and cosmetic treatment.
- Can be used to repair damaged or decayed teeth
- Often used after a root canal treatment to protect the tooth and allow for natural tooth function
- Looks and feels like a natural tooth
- Can be customised for both upper and lower teeth
- Created using the anatomy of your natural teeth
Your dentist may take X-rays and photos to ensure the crown fits comfortably and matches the alignment of your existing teeth. Whitening shade comparisons will also be taken to ensure the new crown matches the colour of your natural teeth.
Before being fitted, your existing tooth will be filed down and prepared for the crown to fit over it.
Once fitted, a dental crown gives the appearance of a natural tooth.
When is a crown beneficial?
- If a particular tooth is weak
- As part of a root canal treatment
- To replace a discoloured filling
- To hold a bridge or denture in place
- BDS, PGCert (Dist) GDC License no. 210369Aesthetic & General Dentist
An accomplished British dentist, Dr Neha Rathod graduated from The University of Birmingham in 2011. Upon completion of her training Dr Rathod initially spent time in the hospital environment, completing an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery placement at Northwick Park Hospital,...
- BDSAesthetic & General Dentist
Dr. Safiah Yousef is a British dentist qualified in the UAE. She graduated from the University of Sharjah in 2017 and trained in the University Dental Hospital Sharjah. She has experience in restorative, endodontic and surgical treatments for patients of...