Crown & Tooth Bridge in Dubai
Do you have cracked or damaged teeth? Could a crown improve the appearance of your smile?
Sometimes referred to as a cap, a dental crown fits over an existing tooth to increase the strength and improve the function and appearance of the tooth. It can be used as both a restorative and cosmetic treatment.
- Can be used to repair damaged or decayed teeth
- Often used after a root canal treatment to protect the tooth and allow for natural tooth function
- Looks and feels like a natural tooth
- Can be customised for both upper and lower teeth
- Created using the anatomy of your natural teeth
Your dentist may take X-rays and photos to ensure the crown fits comfortably and matches the alignment of your existing teeth. Whitening shade comparisons will also be taken to ensure the new crown matches the colour of your natural teeth.
Before being fitted, your existing tooth will be filed down and prepared for the crown to fit over it.
Once fitted, a dental crown gives the appearance of a natural tooth.
When is a crown beneficial?
- If a particular tooth is weak
- As part of a root canal treatment
- To replace a discoloured filling
- To hold a bridge or denture in place
Dr. Prabs Uppal is a British trained Aesthetic & General dentist in the UAE. A proud double-graduate of the prestigious and world-renowned King’s College London, he has been practising private dental care in the United Kingdom. Dr. Prabs provides a...Read more